FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Body Comfort Impression
Kindly expect body impressions. Top-quality mattress use extra-plush foams to create comfort layers designed to cradle your body and relieve pressure. After the first few weeks you sleep on your new mattress with these extra comfort layers, you will likely notice some body signatures. These impressions are normal. Any impression of less than 3cm of the original mattress height is normal, they indicate that the comfort layers are conforming to your body, which is what they are designed to do, and shouldn't be considered a sign of defect or sagging.
The smell arising from your new mattress or pillow upon unboxing is absolutely normal. Please allow a minimum of 2 months for your new mattress to breathe in a well ventilated room, the smell will then fade away naturally.
Support your mattress. Ask for a suitable foundation. Please do not buy a new mattress only after your present mattress shows wear and tear. Mattress failure or “wear out” is often caused by foundation failure.
Your mattress foundation should have a:
Minimum 4-legged bed frame for a Twin or Full-sized mattress
Minimum 5-legged bed frame with center support for a Queen-sized mattress
Minimum 6-legged bed frame with center support for a King-sized mattres.
Ensure the room is well ventilated and dry.
Protecting your mattress with a high-quality absorbent mattress pad is highly recommended. This will keep the fabric of the mattress fresh and clean. DO NOT apply liquids of any kind to the mattress. In high humidity areas, kindly use a dehumidifier. If it is necessary to clean your mattress, please use a vacuum machine or dry clean cloth to wipe off the dirt or soak up the moisture
Rotate your mattress every 1 to 6 months. It is recommended to rotate your mattress once a month for the first 3 months, then once every 3 months. This will result your mattress to wear evenly, and reduce sagging from constantly sleeping in the same spot.
Keep your mattress clean.
Change your bedsheets once a week to prevent dirt from collecting on your mattress thus becoming a breeding ground for allergens.
Never jump, stand, bend, or place your mattress on the floor. Misuse of this kind could cause unnecessary damage to your mattress and void the warranty.
Never drag your mattress as this can damage the fabric, zipper (if any), and even the mattress core.
What Can Void Your Warranty?
- The major cause of warranty avoidance is a mattress soiled by blood, urine, other stains or damages. A quality mattress protector with good absorption is highly recommended.
- Abuse of the mattress and/ or foundation. Children or adults repeatedly jumping on the mattress will ultimately cause the mattress to fail in some manner.
- Bending the mattress or leaving it standing on its side.
- No innerspring mattress can be bent or left standing on its side for long periods without permanent damage. If the mattress is bent while shifting from place to place; standing for a long period during delivery, when moving it, or in storage, the warranty is void.
- Improper or lack of suitable box support or foundation (wrong construction, worn out, etc.). If so, the mattress warranty is null and void. Correct mattress support is an important element in maintaining a longer life span for your mattress.
- A foundation that is too soft, uneven, not supportive, or restricts air circulation may damage your mattress and void this warranty.
- Mattresses follow the contour of whatever they rest on. If placed on a foundation that dips down, even only under the load of one or two sleepers, the warranty will be voided. Foundation dipping or sagging allows the mattress to sag too, causing the top cover to wrinkle. Sleepers may experience roll-together through inadequate support. Some slat/mesh type foundations may require a center rail and a leg to the floor to prevent dipping or sagging, particularly in double, queen, and king-sized mattresses.
- Failure to comply with manufacturer's care & maintenance instructions.
- This warranty is extended only to the original purchaser from the appointed manufacturer Luxury Sleep (M) Sdn. Bhd. products or its authorized dealers/ retailers and valid only for residential use. Contract and commercial usages are not covered by this warranty.
- This warranty will be voided if the mattress has been repaired or altered by unauthorized person or workshop.
- This warranty is not applicable to purchase of display items or clearance sale items unless specifically stated in writing.
- This warranty does not cover products kept in an unsanitary environment.
Pro-Rated Limited Warranty
This warranty is confined only to the first purchaser of the product from an authorized dealer.
- Your mattress will be replaced, repaired, or provided with a pro-rated allowance at manufacturer's option, if it is defective due to faulty workmanship up to ten (10) years from the date of purchase, subject to the limitations described in this warranty. The manufacturer reserves the right to substitute products and materials of equal or similar value at our available option then.
Any manufacturing defects arose within the TWO years upon delivery shall be repaired without charge. Transportation charge to be borne by the purchaser.
Each spring mattress carries a 10 years pro-rated warranty against manufacturing defects on its spring unit. Warranty on other components against manufacturing defects is only valid for ONE (1) year subject to the limitation described in this warranty.
Over 10 years, repair, replacement or credit value of the mattress will be made as per the pro-rated value below. The consumer shall bear the difference between the new mattress value and the credit value. Should manufacturing defects develop after the first year of delivery, repair shall be charged pro-rated value is 1/10th of the invoice price multiplied by the total number of years you have owned the bed. Transportation charges shall be bear by the purchaser. Please refer to the following guide for details: Within 0-24 months from the date of purchase: 100%
- 2-3 Years: 80%
- 3-4 Years: 70%
- 4-5 Years: 60%
- 5-6 Years: 50%
- 6-7 Years: 40%
- 7-8 Years: 30%
- 8-9 Years: 20%
- 9-10 Years: 10%
- Above 10 Years: 0%
Your mattress will be repaired or replaced at pro-rated value (transportation charges must be paid by the purchaser) during the lifetime of this warranty. Repair or replacement is at the decision of the manufacturer. Consequential claims, no matter what kind and of what legal argument, in connection with this warranty, cannot be accepted. This warranty commences the day you take delivery of your mattress. However, the warranty period will not be extended or changed as a result of repair or replacement under the terms of this warranty or otherwise.
In the event you wish to make a warranty claim, kindly notify and provide proof-of-purchase / sales receipt / delivery receipt to the retailer whom you purchased your mattress from; the retailer will then manage your claim with the manufacturer.
- This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have rights which vary from country to country. The manufacturer is responsible for no incidental nor consequential damages. Implied warranties are limited to the period of this warranty.
The manufacturer does not warrant that this product is suitable for any person's health or medical condition, and makes no warranty beyond what is contained in writing herein. Any adverse health reactions like suffocation from improper use of products are at the responsibility of the user.
Mattress specifications, including appearance, may change without notice.
Claims that are not supported with a receipt will be denied for refund or exchange.
This warranty does not extend to normal wear and tear, or damage caused by abuse, misuse, or negligence.
In addition to the other exclusions stated on this page, we specifically exclude from the warranty;
Small manufacturing irregularities that do not affect the performance of the bed. Example: Length and width of the mattress up to a maximum of 2cm variance.
Comfort issues relating to the consumers' individual preferences.
Defects due to causes beyond our control like floods, fire, and natural disasters.
New Mattress Experience
A brand new mattress will often be firmer than what you’ve tried in the showroom. This firmness is caused by the brand new foam layers. As you continue to sleep on the mattress, the pressure from your body will relax the foam and mold it more and more into your sleeping form. Other than that, the foundation (divan, bed frame) used will also affect your sleeping experience. Age, quality of support, materials, and condition of the foundation of your mattress also plays a crucial role in this case. Therefore, firmness of new mattress or ‘feels different’ from in-store experience shouldn’t be considered as manufacturing defect.